CRM for sales managers
In our series of articles dedicated to CRM, we began by highlighting the operational requirements of sales forces. Now we shift the focus to the sales managers who have the exacting but rewarding role of guiding the sales forces.
Sales managers face various challenges on a daily basis. They are expected to be leaders and motivators ; to know all the ins and outs of today’s digital tools and business procedures. They are the link between Senior Management and the sales reps ; and the responsibility for reaching the targets set by Management lies on their shoulders. Choosing the right CRM is vital to help them achieve all this efficiently and without stress. We look at how CRM helps business and how to choose the best CRM for sales managers.
CRM software: the essential tool for sales managers
Sales managers of today are much more than managers in the traditional sense of the word. They must be versatile and adaptable in their additional roles as trainers and coaches and always attentive to the needs of their sales forces. They must support and assist them as necessary to promote collaboration within the team as they strive to meet the company’s targets. Among the sales management tools on the market, an efficient CRM is vital for the organization of both the sales manager’s own activities and those of their team, making sure they have the information they need at their fingertips at all times to lead their teams and achieve goals.
6 characteristics of a good CRM tool for sales managers/team leaders
- The tool must be fully optimized. A digital CRM application allows you to follow the progress of your teams as they work towards a common target. All information is accessible in real time and thanks to an intuitive dashboard you can see all of your performance indicators at a glance.
- The CRM must be Social. As a Manager you need to be able to monitor the individual progress of your team members in real time and adapt your coaching to the needs of each person, providing motivation and guidance.
- The best sales-tracking CRM will allow you to analyze your sales cycles. You will be able to pinpoint both strong points and areas for improvement so as to manage efficiently, optimizing your processes and improving collective performance.
- The tool must be practical. You will be able to view and analyze your team’s situation in terms of the target to be achieved. Activity updates in real time help you to anticipate quickly and make the right decisions.
- The many advantages of CRM software include accessibility. With new technologies, you can connect to your software at any time and in any place. The best sales CRM application is accessible. You can update information and share it with your team in real time. Home or away, there will be no more obstacles to communication, management or progress.
- Efficiency is key. With a customizable dashboard, your CRM software allows you to track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) with just one click. The analysis of your performance has never been as fast or as relevant to help you lead and coach your team members and hit your targets.
Sales managers: promote collaboration with your CRM!
The benefits of a CRM tool are multiple. Good sales CRM software allows you, as a manager, to quickly access the information or figures you need to advise and guide your team. With your CRM, not only will you have an overall view of past, present and future activity but you will also be able to follow individual team members. This will improve your relationship with your team members as well as your decision-making skills. Each member of your team will bring different skills to the table and together they will achieve the common goal.
Provide your team with CRM software that will improve sales, performance and growth and ultimately save time. Many sales reps see CRMs as laborious, cumbersome tools that are too time-consuming to implement. The latest technologies on the market have changed all that. The best CRMs are fun, user-friendly and customizable to the specific needs and terminology of your company.
Invite your sales reps to join you for a 15-day free trial of SocialJs CRM and collaborate to get ahead of your competition!